|Kilner 8 litre drink dispenser & Kilner jars with handles|
Summer is fast approaching and it has got us thinking about picnics in the park, summer garden parties and BBQ's. Home made lemonade has got to be one of the most refreshing drinks on a warm day and is really simple and easy to make. Try serving it in one our 8 litre Kilner drink dispensers and these funky Kilner jars with handles.
Here are a couple of our favourite recipes:
Really easy lemonade
- 3 unwaxed lemons, roughly chopped
- 140g caster sugar
- 1l cold water
- Tip the lemons, sugar and half the water into a food processor and blend until the lemon is finely chopped.
- Pour the mixture into a sieve over a bowl, then press through as much juice as you can. Top up with the remaining water and serve with plain ice or frozen with slices of lemon and lime.
|Lemon patterned chopping board|
Home made lemon squash
(This is made as a squash and can be diluted with still or fizzy water as and when required)
- 3 unwaxed lemons
- 1lb sugar
- 1oz citric acid
- 1 pint boiling water
- Squeeze the juice of 3 lemons.
- Add the sugar to the boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add the lemon juice and the zest of the lemons.
- Leave to part cool, then poor into a clean glass bottle and finish chilling in the fridge.
Now sit in the sunshine, relax and enjoy!!