Why not keep your children occupied this half term and get them involved in baking by helping to make some bootiful chocolate krispie creatures for your trick or treaters?
We love the Spider and Owl Krispies from Cookies and Cups and set about making our own version with our little helper and top taste tester, George.
For the body
900g coco pops
300g mini marshmallows
1. Lightly grease a square 9 x 9 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. Melt butter over a pan and stir in marshmallows until melted.
3. Put coco pops in large mixing bowl and pour butter and marshmallow mixture over the top. Stir in until all the coco pops are covered and mixed in.
4. Press in to square baking or cake tin and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Using a cookie cutter cut out circles and decorate.
For the decoration
2 x mini marshmallows (per creature)
Pack of pretzel sticks
Sticky marshmallow mixture left over from the mixing bowl
1. Push 8 pretzel sticks in to the side of the body for legs.
2. Squash 2 marshmallows and stick to the body for eyes using a bit of the sticky marshmallow mixture left in the mixing bowl. Dab a dot of black food colouring on each eye for pupils, or even better if you can get your hands on an icing pen.
3. Squash the Starburst with a rolling pin and cut 2 triangle fangs using a sharp knife.
1. Make your eyes the same as the spider.
2. Push two broken pretzel sticks on top of the owls head for ears.
square baking or cake pan
large mixing bowl
round cookie cutters
small chopping board and sharp knife
black food colouring